2017 class champions
Congratulations to all the Keystone Raceway Park 2017 Champions!!!
Silver Mine Collectibles Jr. Dragster-
Thomas Wybiral (8-11)
Jamie McBride Jr. (12-17)
Millerstown Pic-A-Part Novice- Carrie Penn
B & R Speed Supply Street- Amy Romeo
Z & M Cycle Sales Motorcycle- Joey Devola
Latrobe Auto Group Modified- Matt Obertanec
Mike's Auto Body Top- Scotty Campbell
This week's schedule
This week's schedule:
Friday September 22 - everyone please use Stone Jug Road entrance - Test and tune, open to all. Gates open 4pm, racing from 6:30pm-midnight. $25 to race, $15 for spectators, kids 10 and under free.
Saturday and Sunday, it's the annual PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals! Non stop racing action with the Southern Slingshots, Nostalgia Funny Cars, AA Gassers, Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock (Saturday only), stick shift racing with UMTR, Tri State Stock/Super Stock Association, and bracket racing in Hot Rod Eliminator (2 classes, 2 payouts, Footbrake and Electronics, entries must be 1986 and older). Also, a great car cruise, AND Big Daddy himself, Don Garlits, will be here ALL weekend, and will cackle one of the Swamp Rats, plus we will have fireworks Saturday night!
Saturday September 23 - ALL spectators, please use Route 22 entrance. Racers, you can use either entrance. Car cruise entrants, please use Stone Jug Road entrance.
11am - Hot Rod Eliminator time trial (1 session only)
All remaining classes follow
Southern Slingshots run at 3pm, 5:30pm, and 8pm
Nostalgia Funny Cars run at 5pm and 8pm
Don Garlits cackles the Swamp Rat after the 8pm show session, followed by fireworks
Finish eliminations after fireworks
Time trials start at 11am
Southern Slingshots run at 1pm and 3pm
Nostalgia Funny Cars run at 2:30pm
Notes for 2017
- Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
- Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, there WILL be points for those who wish to sign up, no buyback/reentry. Racer's spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
- Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
- Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
- PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!
2017 is our 50th Anniversary! The well wishes have started already - check out Big Daddy Don Garlits here on this video!