This week's schedule
This week's schedule:
Please use Stone Jug Road entrance.
This week, big money bracket racing returns to KRP with the 3rd annual CARS Protection Plus 660 Top Bulb Nationals! Test and tune Thursday (no street tired vehicles - slicks only!), $10K to win each day, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
Thursday, July 27 - Test and tune, for slick tired vehicles only (no DOT tires allowed this night). Gates open 3pm to midnight. $25 to race, test and tune from 6:30pm-10:30pm.
Friday, July 28 - Gates open 7am, time trials (2 sessions) start at 9am. Dial for dollars follows time trials, schedule permitting, followed by eliminations. Mike's Auto Body gamblers race after the completion of the $10K.
Saturday, July 29 - Gates open 7am, time trials (2 sessions) start at 9am. Dial for dollars follows time trials, schedule permitting, followed by eliminations. Racer appreciation BBQ at 7pm, followed by Trainwreck playing at the pavillion by Carmen's Cafeteria.
Sunday, July 30 - Gates open at 8:30am. Time trial for new entries only at 9:00am, eliminations at 9:15am.
Notes for 2017
- Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
- Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, there WILL be points for those who wish to sign up, no buyback/reentry. Racer's spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
- Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
- Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
- PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!
2017 is our 50th Anniversary! The well wishes have started already - check out Big Daddy Don Garlits here on this video!