2017 racers meeting, March 26
This Sunday, March 26, join us for our racers meeting at the New Alexandria Fireman's Club, 1pm. Hear about the upcoming 50th anniversary season, get your pit spot, sign up for points, and ask any questions you may have! The Fireman's Club is on Route 22, just past the Route 22/981 junction, on the western side of 22.
8370 State Route 22
New Alexandria, Pennsylvania 15670
We are Hiring!
Keystone Raceway Park is hiring for the 2017 season.
Positions are available for starter, water box, head of staging, rear of staging, ticket booth, announcer, entry gate, and EMT. All are welcome to apply.
Please contact Greg Miller if interested by clicking HERE
Notes for 2017
I would like to thank the racers who took the time this weekend to enter their cars, bikes, and junior dragsters as part of the KRP display area in the World of Wheels car show, as well as Jim Senkewitz and the PID Nostalgia racers for their variety of great rides. I am hoping that the warm weather we had this weekend is a good omen for the 50th anniversary season! Saturday was the second most attended day in the 56 years of the show, and the Keystone booth was busy. It was great seeing the racers and fans stopping by and chatting. If you couldn’t make it down to get a calendar, our 2017 schedule will be posted soon. Here are a few reminders and quick highlights I want to share with everyone:
- Pit parking renewal is due by February 28.
- Chassis certifications will be Saturday, April 8, by appointment only. Contact Don Ickes at 412-417-3533 to schedule a time.
- Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
- Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, there WILL be points for those who wish to sign up, no buyback/reentry. Racer's spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
- Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
- Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
- PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!
That’s just a quick rundown after a busy weekend. Please stay tuned for more announcements, and remember to get your banquet tickets and renew your pit parking!
- Greg Miller, President, G&S Racing Services LLC
2017 is our 50th Anniversary! The well wishes have started already - check out Big Daddy Don Garlits here on this video!