Attention points racers
This week's schedule
This week's schedule (please use Stone Jug Road entrance):
REMINDER TO THOSE WHO RENT PIT SPOTS - You MUST clear them out for Sunday, August 20th!!!!
Friday, August 18 - Test and tune, open to all street and drag vehicles. Gates open 6p, racing 7pm to midnight. $25 to race, $10 for spectators, kids 10 and under free.
Saturday, August 19 - Pittsburgh Car Scene presents the Saturday Night Street Drags! Gates open and car scene meet at 4pm, racing from 6pm-11pm. Only $15 to race or watch, kids 10 and under free. 100mph, 125mph, 150mph, and 175mph club stickers! (Please note, the Diesel show and shine originally scheduled as a daytime event has been cancelled, with our apologies.)
Sunday, August 20 - K and L Motorsports Pittsburgh Classic #8, all VW car show, drag racing, and swap meet! Gates open 8am, registration for show cars and drag racing starts at 9am, time runs begin at noon. Get all the details at http://www.kandlmotorsports.com/
Coming up Saturday, August 26, the Night of Fire!
Notes for 2017
- Payouts: There will be no increase in entry fees this season, but the winner’s purse is going up to $1200 in Mike’s Auto Body Top class, $1000 in Latrobe Auto Group Modified class, and $500 in B&R Speed Supply Street class.
- Novice class replaces Trophy: Trophy class is now Millerstown Pic A Part Novice class. Footbrake only, car must be driven in (no trailered cars), DOT tires and exhaust required, 11.50 (1/4 mile, 7.35 in the 1/8 mile) and slower. Racers who have won a class or an event previously, at any track, are not eligible. $15 to enter, winner and runner up get trophies, there WILL be points for those who wish to sign up, no buyback/reentry. Racer's spouses/significant others/crew get free entry into the class with paid crew admission.
- Throwback weekend: Remember in the old Keystone days, racing Friday and Sunday in the same weekend? We’re going to do that one time this season, with points days on Friday, June 30, and Sunday, July 2.
- Points days: There will be 15, 6 of which will be run on the ¼ mile, 9 will be on the 1/8th mile. 6 of those 9 1/8th mile days will be SBRA points days.
- PID-Keystone Nostalgia Nationals: This will be the actual celebration of the 50th anniversary, and what better way to celebrate a big occasion than with Big Daddy Don Garlits! He will be here all 3 days, September 22-24, and he will be bringing one of the Swamp Rat dragsters to cackle on Saturday night!
2017 is our 50th Anniversary! The well wishes have started already - check out Big Daddy Don Garlits here on this video!